I was feeling rather guilty about my lack of sewing. So I got out a pattern I'd done before. I had some black linen laying about and I thought it would look nice as a jacket. I used Burda 8630, which is at least 14 or 15 years old. The first time I made is was in 2002 and I think it had been hanging around for a while before I actually made it. I eventually get around to making things, but often not right away! Here's the envelope picture:
This is a very loose and roomy jacket, best made with a fabric with a little bit of drape, but some structure, too. The linen worked out quite well.
It looks nice on Betsy, my trusty dress form, but you can see how loose it really is. I may move the button over so it doesn't hang off like on a little girl playing dress up.
I like the asymmetry. Very Lagenlook, which is something that appeals to me right now. Being black, it will complement many other items in my wardrobe.
I've been saving this button for some time, so now it has a home! Thanks very much for stopping by to look!