As part of my stash and UFO busting crusade, I came across a cotton T Tunic I had cut, probably years ago. In case you were not aware, a T Tunic is a tunic cut using a shirt from your wardrobe as a pattern.
In this instance I wanted to incorporate an antique pillowcase that had a few holes in it. I love clothing made from antique linens, and the white of the pillowcase and the dainty embroidery contrasted nicely with the blue check.
I cut off the body of the tunic, turned it sideways and stitched a center back seam. Then I added in the area of the pillowcase I wanted to use. I gathered the new body of the tunic and attached it to the kimono arms. Here is the resulting tunic.
I've already worn it, and it's light and airy and comfortable for summer, but could carry into fall with a long sleeved top underneath. This was a quick project to do, allowing me to wind down from more intense painstaking work on the Downton Dress. Thanks for looking!