Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Wednesday, July 4, 2018

Sewing Progress: Tania Tabard - Style Arc Patterns

I've made quite a bit of progress on my Tabard!  So far, I'm very pleased with the pattern, and how everything is coming together.  Here is the fabric I chose.  I think it goes well with the design of this pattern.


I have most of the construction done.  I need to do the hems and enclose the armholes with the binding.  I also want to stitch down the neck facing.


If there's anything I'm displeased about with the fabric, it's how tough it is to get it to give up a wrinkle!


I'm even loving the drape, though I admit it gave me a bit of a puzzle in getting it attached correctly to the tabard.  Once I get the finishing touches done I will post pictures of the finished piece on Betsy, my ever patient dress form, and maybe even on me.  Thanks for tuning in to my progress!

No comments:

Post a Comment