Well, Max's quilt is finally done! This was quite an interesting process, and took a long time, partly due to losing a place to sew part way through the project (a couple of times!)! First I went through all of the baby clothes provided by Max's mom, looking for interesting motifs that would make nice memories for Max's mom, as well as provide visual interest in the quilt. The motifs were then cut out and stabilized, and joined to plain denim pieces by machine piecing. Some motifs were too small, so these were hand appliqued to the quilt top. Then, I added lots of brightly colored buttons to the quilt top (it's ok, Max is well beyong the age to eat buttons!). The entire quilt top was then backed and bound with recycled fleece fabric to make the quilt cozy and warm for snuggling. The entire piece is twin bed sized. I hope Max gets many years of enjoyment from it!