Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, January 19, 2012

A (not too) vintage project

Today I started a vintage pattern project. I say that it's not too vintage because it's from the seventies - the era in which I first learned to sew - so it's not THAT old!

The pattern is Simplicity 5566, a cute sailor styled tunic and pant set, or dress. I'm making the dress. I'm pleased to say that the pattern, purchased from Patterns from the Past (www.oldpatterns.com), is in mint condition, and was easily traced onto Swedish tracing paper. I am making a muslin, because the pattern, while correctly sized for my bust measurement, comes up skimpy for my curvaceously apportioned hips, and some adjustments will need to be made. Stay tuned for updates on the process, and a picture of the completed dress. Ahoy maties!

No comments:

Post a Comment