Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Friday, February 15, 2013

What to Sew Now?


We established some time ago that most of my sewing is impractical.  Meaning that I love to sew party dresses, gowns, suits and historical reproductions that I have very little call to wear.  My off-duty day-to-day wardrobe consists mostly of jeans and t shirts and fleeces.  Even at work, I don't need business casual - I'm a nurse - I wear scrubs.


So, I will probably next make some scrub tops to satisfy my utilitarian needs, but for sewing satisfaction, I'll go to my box of Adorna's patterns and to Gertie's book for a couple of projects as well.  Even if there's not much call to wear what I make, at least I can share it with you, my sewing sisters!

No comments:

Post a Comment