Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Sunday, June 22, 2014

Pinspiration: Menu Board

So, my sewing machine was in the shop... but my need to make something was great.  I often turn to Pinterest for inspiration, so I checked out some of the Pins I've been hoarding the last few months.  I had been wanting to make a Menu Board similar to one I had seen on Pinterest.  The original was from Lauren at The Thinking Closet.  You can read all about hers here.  Love the original, but wanted somthing more in keeping with my Victorian home, and wanted to spend only a little time making it, before the creative urge died with the realization that I couldn't sew!  My current method of menu posting involves a tattered piece of paper posted on the fridge.


So I headed to a craft store (but NOT Hobby Lobby whom I refuse to patronize, as we are on opposite sides of the fence as regards a woman's reproductive health rights).  And purchased:

  1. A pre-cut chalkboard
  2. Cute rub-on decals
  3. Glittered baby clothespins      
  4. Magnets
  5. Cardstock
  6. Glue (well, ok, I already owned the glue!)   


The decals were the type that you rub into place with a popsicle stick, allowing you to look like a great painter and artiste.  Once the decals were in place, I glued on my clothespins and magnets on the back to hold the board onto my fridge.  While it lacks the little pockets for holding the cards that the original had, I'm quite happy with the result.


What ideas have you gotten from Pinterest lately?  Please share!

No comments:

Post a Comment