Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Tale of Two Tops


This week I've been sewing tops. The top image is an upcycle on a tank top that I really didn't like. I added a tulle ruffle and some beads, and now I plan to sell it. The second is Simplicity 0405, and has kind of an early seventies retro feel to it. Made that one for myself - small amount of self interest there, I guess. (You're seeing the detail view of the back of the top). Now I need to start thinking about Yule gifts. My budget is very limited this year, so I have to think homemade. I hope people can appreciate the time and effort that goes into handmade. What the gifts may lack in dollars spent will be more than made up in hours spent! But they're worth it!

1 comment: