Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Saturday, January 7, 2012

Book Review - Little Green Dresses by Tina Sparkles

One of my holiday gifts this year was a little money - it felt so luxurious to have something to spend on my sewing obsession. One of my purchases was Little Green Dresses by Tina Sparkles. This book has it all for a sewist like me. There's a great introductory chapter which details the many, many reasons for recycling and upcycling used textiles. Next are chapters outlining basic sewing techniques and basic pattern drafting. But the 'piece de resistance' is the fifty original creations which follow, with instructions for making the patterns. I absolutely love this book and I will definitely be using it often in creating garments this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment