Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Isn't That Pinteresting? - 7: Japanese Sewing Patterns

Japanese patterns!  This pin is only one representation of the many, many patterns I have pinned from this general category of patterns.


The garments have such simple elegance.  An interesting blend of modern, and more traditional garment structures from historical Japanese costuming.  They seem somewhat timeless.  Relaxed and comfortable, dainty and feminine.


I've begun to collect several pins on patterns themselves, how to sew the Japanese patterns, and what resources are available at other blogs.  I'd love to make a few of these.  The only problem I see is that, at least currently, I am not exactly delicate.  My frame is not a tiny one, even when I am thinner.  Does anyone out there have any experience with these patterns, particularly for a decidedly Western frame?  I'd love to hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. I too have looked at these clothes, and wished that there were patterns for the "PLUS" sized frame! Recently, I have found MOCHA patterns, and they have several patterns in PLUS size. I have made a few, and find that, they don't take into account is the upper arm size of some of us. It's easy, after you know your size, to make changes to sleeves for your size! I found them on Etsy, from I THINK SEW. You might take a look!

    ReplyDelete