Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, July 5, 2012

Plodding Along on the Ultimate Restyle

I'm considering this wedding dress to be an ultimate restyle.  I'm retaining the basic skirt from the original gown and I'm using similar features, like lace netting.  I applied the netting to the bodice today.  Here are a few pictures so you can get a sense of it.




Tomorrow I plan to cut the netting for the overskirt.  I'll intersperse some other projects here so you don't get bored with this dress.  It's going to be a painstaking project because I want it to be perfect, of course.

On another note, another one of my projects was featured on the Green Crafts Showcase at Crafting a Green World!  I am very happy to say that my latest mom jumper restyle was one of the five projects featured for June!  Thanks for all your comments and encouragement.

No comments:

Post a Comment