Then, one day, it ripped along a seam line in several places. Reparable - yes - probably by replacing the whole seamline. I can't just sew a new seam, as then it would probably become too snug. So, my first step was to make a pattern from the old dress, though I added quite a bit toward the hemline, to make a trapeze fit. I want to use it to make tunics.
Next, I made a muslin, which I plan to wear as a nightgown. I used leftover fabric from a sheet set I picked up at a garage sale. I had used the flat sheet earlier to make a dress.
It was also a great opportunity to practice self-bias binding...
and using my narrow hem foot!
That was both fun and practical! Next up, a top from this pretty fabric!
Thanks for coming by!