Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Monday, June 18, 2012

Completed Project: Simplicity 2249

The yellow dress is completed!  On this project I used an invisible zipper.


And I used some of the garage sale buttons I got for the shoulder detail and the front placket of the dress.


And here's the completed dress.


I am happy with it, and since it was made from recycled sheets, I will be more willing to wear it for everyday.  Materials costs are as follows:

Main dress fabric $2.00 (yard sale sheet set)
Accent fabric $1.00 (yard sale tablecloth)
Buttons, $0.25
Zipper on hand in stash
Thread $1.59
Cording $2.99 (but will use in mutiple projects)

Total: $7.83

Thanks, as always, for looking in.  Your comments are appreciated!

14 comments:

  1. Oh, I LOVE IT!!!!!! I love the prints and the colors!!
    I'm going to have to add that pattern to my wish list!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely dress - the contrast between the floral and gingham is great. Nice buttons as well. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. The fit is spot one. I also like the contrast between the gingham and floral -- gingham is one of my favorites.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have quite a bit of the gingham left... Not sure what I'll do with it yet.

      Delete
  4. What a fantastic idea! It looks amazing!!

    Blessings
    Mrs. White
    The Legacy of Home

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's very cute! You look nice in it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It looks lovely on you and perfect for a warm summer day. Thanks for sharing at Etcetorize this week~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Just found you. Will plan to participate again soon.

      Delete