Wednesday, June 6, 2012
Completed Project: Butterick 4228
Well, it's done! This was a fun pattern to sew and I'm quite pleased with the result. If you've been following along, you know that I did a wearable muslin of the top of this pattern last month. I wanted to be sure that the top would fit. Here it is.
I made the entire dress from lavender linen. I love linen! The hand, the drape, the fact that it's a natural fiber, the ease of sewing! Well, everything about it! Here's the result.
The skirt will go with either top nicely. Here's a dtetail pic of the little front vent on the linen top.
I would definitely consider making this ensemble again. It was a very easy pattern and I love the way it came out. I'm sure I'll be wearing it a lot this summer. Thanks, as always for peeking, and your comments are always welcomed.