Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Saturday, May 5, 2012

Completed Project: Butterick 4228

I completed the wearable muslin top portion of Butterick 4228.  This is a pattern from the sixties, an era I seem to have suddenly become enamored with. 


As touted on the pattern envelope, this top was easy!  And it has a very flattering drape.  Here is a picture of the completed top.


I thought it would look nice styled with this cardigan.


My plan is to do the complete suit in this lilac linen.  Then the skirt will have two interchangeable tops.


I need to prewash the linen, so I think I'll jump into a couple of other projects first, but I'll be back to this one pretty quick because I can't wait to wear it as an outfit!

3 comments:

  1. What a great top - I love the pattern you used & it's really pretty fabric. I think it looks great with the yellow & the lilac linen, what a lovely outfit :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is fantastic fabric...great outfit Dee!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute top. I love it with the sweater.

    ReplyDelete