Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Friday, May 4, 2012

Progress and Paying it Forward

Tina at Down the Retro Rabbit Hole is playing the Pay it Forward Handmade game, and I would love to play this game, too.  You see, the first three commenters on this post will receive something from me that I have made just for them!  How fun is that, and who doesn't like to receive goodies in the mail?


So, here's what you need to do:
  • Leave me a comment telling me your favorite color (or the colors you absolutely loathe) to help me make you a gift you'll hopefully love! Please don't forget to include your email address (if you profile doesn't link back) so I can get in touch.
  • To complete signing up, you MUST play along too by blogging a similar post and pledging to make a surprise for the fist three (3) people who comment on it.  
The rules state you will receive your handmade item within 365 days, however, I pledge to get this out to you within 30 days. I wouldn't want you to wait around forever!
 

Now, regarding Butterick 4228. I am in love with this pattern! The top came together like a dream, even though I had to trace and refit the facings. I had just the right zipper in my stash, thanks to a purchase I made from Vogue Fabrics at a sewing show.  I bought a mixed bag of random zippers for
$7.00. I have been saved so many trips to the sewing store by this purchase. I almost always can find something usable in my little box of zippers.




So here's the zipper installed.  Just some handsewing, and this top will be completed.  Then I'll show you the fabric I want to make the entire outfit from.  It coordinates with the "muslin" top so the outfit will have two interchangeable tops!


Don't forget to comment to play Pay it Forward!  Can't wait to make something for you!

4 comments:

  1. I would love to play the pay it forward game with you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Please give me some color guidance!

      Delete
  2. me too, me too :) I love Aquamarine or sky Blue, not too keen on Brown.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun! Thanks for playing. I'll be in touch for mailing info!

    ReplyDelete