Wednesday, February 8, 2012
Completed Project - Vintage Sailor Dress
As promised, I completed the sailor dress, Simplicity 5566, today! I am very happy with how it came out. The fabric was from Vogue Fabrics, purchased several years ago at a sewing show. I was waiting for just the right pattern for it, and I think it works well here. The pattern is a "look slimmer" pattern, and I have to say it looks very nice on. As noted earlier, I did alter the pattern slightly to accomodate larger hips. I didn't have anyone handy to take pictures of me in it, so I used my dress form, Betsy, though I have to say I like it better on me than on her - don't tell her I said so.
Not sure what's up with the way the sleeve is hanging here in these pictures, but it honestly hangs fine in real life. Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for my next project!