I'm finally making some real progress on my vintage sailor dress (Simplicity 5566)! I am quite excited about how things are going now. I have one more sleeve to attach, the buttons and the hem. I did decide to hand sew the buttonholes. They aren't as uniform and neat as I might like, but I am glad that I did them.
I also finished binding the seams. There's nothing I like better than a nice, neat, finished look to the inside of a garment. Well, ok, there are some things I like better ;-).
I'm also pleased with how my hand stitched hems came out on the sleeves.
So, I should be able to reveal the completed dress within a day or so. Thank you for hanging in there and watching my progress!