Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!

Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Sorbetto Progress

This blouse has been a dream to construct.  Above, I used a piece of tape (cute duct tape, huh?) as a seam guide for sewing in the center box pleat.  Inside I used french seams to keep those seams neat, this time without the added bulk of a binding.  Here's where my dart meets the side seam.

The most time consuming part of this blouse so far has been making the self fabric bias tape.  These's a tutorial for this right on the Collette Blog.  Because this was harvested fabric, I used my own method of finding the bias and cutting.

One thing that's apparent in these pictures is how dry and cracked my fingers are by this time in the winter!  Wow, it's a good thing spring is around the corner.  Well, hopefully I'll get this blouse finished in the next couple of days.  Thanks so much for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment