The very sweet and supportive Sue from Sewin' Steady has nominated me for the Versatile Blogger award. Thank you so much, Sue! Here are the rules for the award:
- Add the badge to the winning blog page.
- Thank the blogger who gave it.
- List the rules.
- List seven (7) random facts about yourself.
- Pass on the award to fifteen (15) deserving and conscientious bloggers who are nominated for their diligence, demonstrated skill, and achievements in the world of blogging and specifically in the sewing related category.
- Contact the nominated bloggers and let them know they are recipients.
- I'm really shy. Though I can make myself known when I have to, or when it's part of employment, I always have to push myself out there.
- I love dragonflies. I collect them (art, fabric, etc.) and they collect me (watching them makes me feel calm and collected). They tend to find me when I'm out in the summertime.
- Dee is my nickname... only my mother gets to call me by my real name.
- I'm engaged to marry a wonderful man. Between us we will be parents of nine. Shoot us now. Five (and one more is on the verge) are grown and won't be living with us thank goodness. We hope to get married late this summer.
- My education is in nursing. I have a Master's in Maternal-Child Health Nursing. I'm not using it right now. Right now, I sew.
- I dabble in all kinds of other crafts besides sewing. Sometimes you'll see some of it here.
- I'm a crazy animal lady. I have four cats (Esmeralda, Buddy, Jonny and Murphy), two Flemish Giant rabbits (Gwendolyn and Guinevere), and a Jack Russell mix puppy (no, we don't know what he's mixed with - do you?) named Horus. Here's my baby:
Handsome, isn't he? Back to the business of this award. It was very difficult to come up with a list of new recipients, as I didn't want to duplicate the love (and the bit of work that goes along with the nomination), I wanted to try to get some unsung folks recognized, and probably failed, however, now, my list of newly nominated recipients (drumroll, please):
House on Hill Road
Camelias and Crinolines
Adventures in Dressmaking
The Blue Gardenia Sews
New Vintage Lady
The Naked Seamstress
The Sewcratic Method
A Sewing Odyssey
What Would Nancy Drew Wear?
Please give them a visit if you haven't done so already. Thanks!