Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, April 12, 2012

I Have Been Redeemed

So, after the confidence shaker earlier this week of completing the Edwardian Skirt, only to find that it did not fit, I decided to sew up the Colette Meringue I had cut a few weeks ago.  This was a fun skirt to sew.  It went together very easily and there were no snags.  I made it in a cute dragonfly print I've been saving for years, never quite sure what to do with it.  I like it in this skirt.  I think it makes an already fun piece even more so.


And, yes, that really is me in it!  I had to show that this one actually fit!  My junior photographer had a little trouble getting all of me in the lensfinder without making me look distorted, so I'm afraid a torso shot is what you get!  At least with school being out for spring break there was someone home to act as photographer! Can't wait to wear this skirt - I hear it's supposed to be warm this weekend!


Well, I feel better!  Have you ever needed to bolster yourself with a success following a sewing failure?  Thanks for looking, and thanks for your comments!

6 comments:

  1. That is an adorable rendition of the meringue skirt! I often sew up something like this (usually a woven blouse) after I've crashed and burned on some other project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! And it did make me feel better, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute skirt! I don't call them failures. They are skill builders. I try to learn from them. Keep stitchin'. If you never make a mistake you must not be doing enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the dragonflies! My "Lines Across My Face" offering is here: http://likemamalikedaughter.blogspot.com/2012/04/how-to-tuesday-bunnys-birthday-dress.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your skirt is so darn cute!! Love it! We're so glad that you linked up to our "Strut Your Stuff Saturday." We hope you'll be back soon. -The Sisters

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect skirt for spring! I'm sure you will get a lot of compliments when you wear it! thanks for stopping by and linking up!

    ReplyDelete