Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Monday, April 23, 2012

Another UFO Project: Butterick 4355


OK, so several years ago I started this pattern.  At the time, my job entailed dressing professionally for meetings and conferences.  Now my job entails sewing in jeans and a t shirt, mopping the floor in my jammies and walking the dog.  This will not exactly meet my everyday needs.  Perhaps an interview suit, should something open up locally in my line of work.  In any case I cut it ages ago, the dress and the jacket.  As you know, my goal is to sew through all my UFOs until there are no more, so, now's the time to finish this one.  Dress first, then the jacket at a future date.  What do you think?  Is it too dated?

6 comments:

  1. You could complete the outfit and donate it to a women's shelter. It *is* a little bit dated but could be jazzed up with a flower or brooch. What kind of fabric?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's very classic, and you should finish it. You would look great in it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Not entirely sure it will fit, as I started it a couple of years ago. If it doesn't I'll donate it as Mary suggested.

      Delete
  3. I agree with Deborah ... the style is simple and classic. Its definitely worth finishing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can always count on you to be one of the cheerleaders!

      Delete