Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Monday, August 6, 2012

That Ultimate Restyle

My cold is mostly better now, and I'm still working on the finishing touches to my wedding dress.  The wedding is coming up very soon, though I'm sure it seems like you've heard about this dress forever.  I've been hand sewing lace and other embellishment to the dress.  Here are a few quick detail pics.




I can't wait to wear it at the end of the month!  Until then, there's lots more I'm working on... for instance, I did our invitations a few weeks ago.  I designed them myself and printed them on my printer at home.


The theme is tandem bicycles... popular, to an extent it seems.  I got a great tandem bike cake topper on Etsy from heatherboyd.


I have SO many more things to do, and I'm taking you all along for the ride (tee hee).  Hey, my dress needs to be pressed... have you ever used a dry cleaner just for pressing?  I lack the equipment I think.  Anyway, thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. What a cute idea for invitations! I love the tandem bike :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dee, congratulations and I just adore your wedding theme, everything is just lovely! BTW, you can take a wedding dress in to be pressed - just tell that is what you want and they'll do it. It isn't very much and it will come back to you shining. Also, you can use the continuous steam function on your iron (basically where the steam is sprayed continuously) and while it takes about 45 minutes to an hour or so for a dress of this size, you do it at home to save some bucks if you have time to.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed with your creativity. Can't wait to see pictures of it all put together!

    ReplyDelete