Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Completed Project - Vintage Sailor Dress


As promised, I completed the sailor dress, Simplicity 5566, today!  I am very happy with how it came out.  The fabric was from Vogue Fabrics, purchased several years ago at a sewing show.  I was waiting for just the right pattern for it, and I think it works well here.  The pattern is a "look slimmer" pattern, and I have to say it looks very nice on.  As noted earlier, I did alter the pattern slightly to accomodate larger hips.  I didn't have anyone handy to take pictures of me in it, so I used my dress form, Betsy, though I have to say I like it better on me than on her - don't tell her I said so.



Not sure what's up with the way the sleeve is hanging here in these pictures, but it honestly hangs fine in real life.  Thank you for reading, and stay tuned for my next project! 

1 comment:

  1. You did a really beautiful job on this dress and you can be proud of yourself especially those inside seams. When I saw them I said to myself I need to try that I never have in all my many years of sewing. Come visit me sometime. Nan

    ReplyDelete