Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Thursday, February 23, 2012

Completed Project - Boxy Jacket

New Look 6619 is done!  I'm not sure why I relegated this to the UFO pile, but I'm glad it's out and done!  I'm happy with the way it looks with the previously completed skirt, and it fits nicely.  Here are some pictures:



My biggest critique of myself here is that I did not carefully match the plaid.  I remember not really caring at the time I cut it, which is very uncharacteristic of me.  I remember having enough fabric to cut it, but not to match.  All in all, not bad for a UFO completion project.  Have a super day!

3 comments:

  1. Very chic! RTW doesn't match plaid anymore...so you are good to go :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Mary, you made me feel better about it! Stopped by your blog, too. Loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found a great tutorial on matching plaids on Sewaholic.com. Did I remember to use it last time when matching plaids - NO! Even though you forgot to match the plaids, you at least know it is an option.While RTW doesn't match plaids anymore, I try to match them as much as possible, so my garments/bags, etc., are a step up from RTW standards. Not to fret, you'll remember next time. AND there will always be a next time. Look at this outfit as your prototype!

    ReplyDelete