Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Friday, April 27, 2012

AL. most. Done.

So close and yet so far.  I'm almost done with the dress portion of Butterick 4355.  I want to slow down a bit and pay attention to some details.  But here are some sneak peeks.


It has grown and grown on me as I worked on it.  I really like the hand of the fabric.  The zipper went in with very little trouble, but there was the internal lining to deal with.


And it still needs a hook and eye at the top of the zip.  There's a kick vent at the back hem which I really like, but that still needs reinforcing.


And, as you can see, the whole thing still needs a final press.  So, it looks like I was overly optimistic in thinking I could finish today.  The weekend is upon us with lots of plans.

We're supposed to be going canoeing with another couple on Saturday.  I say "supposed" because it's only predicted to be 50 degrees here tomorrow and windy.  Then, we're going out for dinner to celebrate my birthday, which isn't until Monday, but weekends were made for celebrations.

Sunday brings a celebration for Beltane (Maypole dance included) so I'll be at that for most of the day.  No time to sew again until Monday.  Tune in then to see the final result! 

No comments:

Post a Comment