Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Saturday, June 16, 2012

Dress Progress

Working on Simplicity 2249 today!  I completed the front of the dress.  The piping came out cute on the top.


Here's a shot of the entire bodice.


I plan on using these garage sale buttons along that front tab of the dress.


I'm planning on doing the back, sides, and finishing on Monday... but we'll see!  The weather is incredible right now and I want to take advantage of that as well.

Oh, here's a close-up of my garage sale earrings, too.  Won't they look nice with that lavender outfit I just finished?  I meant to include that pic yesterday and somehow omitted it.

4 comments:

  1. Those earrings are wonderful! I wish I could find something like that for a shawl pin.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love what I'm seeing so far-nice mix of fabric.

    ReplyDelete