Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Wedding Jewelry


Today I'm working on something slightly different from the usual sewing projects.  I'm making jewelry for my upcoming handfasting in August.  I'm upcycling some old costume pearls,faceted glass beads, sterling chain and findings into a new, collar style necklace, with matching earrings and footwear.  Here's a peek at the beginning of the necklace.  I'll post the finished piece soon!


3 comments:

  1. Dee! I can't wait to see! (Oh boy, that totally rhymed didn't it, haha, sorry) - I love this! Do keep me posted, I want to see how it turns out, looks like you have a great start!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful wedding accessories. Love it! Thanks for sharing this to us.

    ReplyDelete