Saving the planet... one garment at a time!

... and one upcycle at a time... Welcome to my blog: A place to have an "over the fence conversation" about sewing, altered couture, upcycling, and all kinds of crafts using found objects, beads, ephemera and other vintage finds!


Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Completed Project: FUFO

Sue from Sewin' Steady says it's a FUFO - a finished unfinished object!  Butterick 4355 Dress completed!


It came out well, but retains some deeply set wrinkles from its time in the bag as a UFO.  I've pressed and pressed and they seem to come back.  I'm gonna let it stay on Betsy for a few days and see if then I can steam them out. 

As I mentioned previously, the back vent needed some reinforcement, so I put in a decorative little diamond.


This was not designed by the pattern company to be a fully lined dress, but the fabric was very lightweight, so I made it fully lined.  As I anticipated, it is snug, as I cut it a few years ago when I was a little thinner.  I'm working hard to get back there, so hopefully it will fit well soon.  All in all a success!

My plan is to complete an upcycle or two, do one of my new vintage patterns, and then return to the UFO pile to complete the jacket that I cut to go with this dress.

2 comments:

  1. It looks lovely, such a nice fabric - does it fit well too? Would you use the pattern again?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is very snug. I cut this a couple of years ago, and had I sewn it then it would have fit. I let myself gain a few pounds, so now I'm trying hard to lose them. Then everything will fit better! I would definitely use the pattern again. It's a great wardrobe builder because it has a jacket and a skirt as well as the dress.

      Delete