Thursday, May 24, 2012
Completed Project: Upcycle Blouse
I completed the upcycled blouse yesterday, and today I'm going to wear it out to lunch with a friend! I'm pleased with how it came out. One thing I forgot to show you in the "before" pictures was that the original dress had a placket of functional buttons up the front. I liked the faux pearl buttons, so I decided to incorporate this element into the top.
I made the button placket the center front of the top, but I made it non-functional by stitching the placket closed. It gives the illusion of a button-up blouse, but it can't gap in embarrassing places!
I really need to get a camera with a timer and a tripod so I can take pictures of myself in my creations. It's a cloudy day, so here's a poorly lit mirror shot just to show that the blouse fits!
Anyway, another project completed! I'm excited to wear my new blouse. I like how light and airy the rayon fabric feels, and I like the fact that an outdated dress was saved from the landfill. Please let me know if there's anything in particular you'd like to see used in an upcycle!